The City's Public Facilities and Infrastructure Element guides Arcata's integrated waste management program; Educational and Public Facilities; Stormwater and Wastewater Collection and Treatment; and Water Supply and Delivery System.
Public Facilities and Infrastrucutre: Guiding Principles and Goals.
- Provide an adequate water supply and delivery system for day-to-day and emergency needs.
- Maintain the Arcata Marsh and Wildlife Sanctuary as an exemplary model of how natural systems can be effectively and efficiently used to treat and reclaim wastewater.
- Utilize natural systems and processes for managing stormwater.
- Promote lifelong learning by supporting educational facilities and programs at all levels.
- Recognize that public facilities are the primary gathering places for social, cultural, political, educational and entertainment events/celebrations, and that these facilities are important components of the community’s identity.
- Advance waste diversion goals set forth in state mandates and the City’s Zero Waste Action Plan.
Review draft Element here.