- Community Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 resources for community members and local business owners can be found below. For daily local COVID-19 updates, please click here.
Arcata City Hall COVID-19 Procedures & Contact information can be found here. Please contact us by calling 707-822-5953 or by email at email@example.com if you need further assistance finding additional COVID-19 resources.
Please click here for the latest local updates from the Humboldt County Department of Health & Human Services or to sign up to receive Humboldt County Health Alerts. Information will be updated and posted here. Community members may also contact the County directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 707-441-5000.
For medical advice or questions regarding COVID-19 testing, contact Humboldt County Public Health by emailing email@example.com or calling 707-445-6200.
COVID-19 Tenant Protection Programs
The City of Arcata and the State of California have temporary measures in place to support tenants who have lost income due to COVID-19. Both programs are available to renters currently residing in Arcata. You will find an overview of both programs here. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-822-5953.
Arcata House Partnership is committed to safely serving community members during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here to learn more about the services they provide.
Community Meal Resources
- Food for People meal services can be found here.
- Humboldt County Office of Education School Meal pick up times and locations for all children under 18, can be found here.
- Oh SNAP! food services available to Cal Poly Humboldt students can be found here.
- The Humboldt Senior Resource Center has modified in-house dining service until further notice, including the senior lunch program at the Arcata Community Center. As of now, HSRC’s three Senior Dining Centers will continue offering their Home Delivered Meals and offer a take-out meal service once a week. 5 frozen meals will be provided once a week on Wednesdays at the Arcata Community Center. Reservations for take-out meal service is required 7 days in advance and may be done so by calling 707-825-2027. For more information, click here.
To learn more about food storage to prevent food waste during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, please click here.
Resources for Individuals with Underlying Health Conditions
- For more information on designated shopping hours for Seniors and individuals with underlying health conditions at local grocery stores and pharmacies, please click here. In addition to what is mentioned in the document, Wildberries Marketplace is providing a shopping hour for seniors daily from 6 AM to 7 AM.
- Cooperation Humboldt has been coordinating a program to connect seniors those with underlying health conditons to volunteers to run errands for them, including picking up groceries or prescriptions. Click here for more information on how to access this service or become a volunteer.
Additional Community Resources
A comprehensive list of additional resources available in Humboldt County can be found here.
Stay at Home Activities for Children
- Arcata Recreation’s Free Online Activity & Education Guide
- Arcata Recreation’s Shelter In Place Bingo
- Arcata Recreation’s Backyard Bingo
- Story Time with the Arcata Police Department
Arcata Recreation County Health-Approved Programs for Children & Caregivers
The City of Arcata’s Recreation Division has been certified by Humboldt County’s Emergency Operations Center to operate some recreation programming. Modifications to normal operations have been made to ensure compliance with State and County health and safety regulations. For more information, please click here.
Support Local Businesses
Please click here for more information about Arcata businesses that are open online, offering virtual classes, selling gift certificates and offering food delivery, take-out and outdoor dining services. In addition, the Arcata Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), with the support of the Arcata Police Department, has a complied a list of essential businesses and services available in Arcata. Click here to access this list.
City of Arcata COVID-19 GIS Dashboard
This City of Arcata GIS team put together a dashboard of real-time maps and data that shows world’s current COVID-19 status (provided by Johns Hopkins University), in addition to weather, traffic, natural disasters and PG&E power outages. Browse and explore the Arcata Community Real-Time Dashboard to see how GIS data is helping us gain a better understanding of our world and make more informed decisions. *Please note this application currently works on desktop computers using supported browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
Resources for Local Businesses
COVID-19 Business Resilience Emergency Loan Program
In response to business impacts related to COVID-19, the City of Arcata is committed to providing technical and financial support to Arcata’s businesses. Information about the City’s new COVID-19 Business Resiliency Emergency Loan Program as well as the City’s existing loan programs can be found here. For more information on this program and for additional resources, please email email@example.com or call 707-825-5955.
COVID-19 Outdoor Dining & Retail Guidance for Arcata Businesses
The Arcata City Council unanimously voted to allow restaurants and businesses to offer outdoor seating for dining and retail operations amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This guidance will remain in place until stay at home orders are lifted to allow unrestricted dining and retail operations, or until the City revokes these interim provisions. All permit fees will be waived for any outdoor dining and retail Encroachment Permits obtained prior to Thursday, December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.
Additional Resources for Local Businesses
- To find the latest COVID-19 small business resources, provided by the North Coast Small Business Development Center, click here.
- Small business owners are encouraged to sign up for the Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness Group, especially if you have concerns about a serious disruption to your business. Please click here to sign up.
- State resources provided by the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development can be found here.
- Click here to for COVID-19 facts on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office.
- Resources regarding sick leave, family leave, disability and unemployment insurance provided by California’s Employment Development Department can be found here.