"I was born and raised in Arcata. I was a child playing tag in Redwood Park, a teenager walking from Arcata High to local businesses for lunch, and later an HSU student for my teaching credential. I won the oyster calling contest on the Arcata Plaza at seven years old; clearly I have been making waves here for a long time. I am looking forward to using this platform to give back to my beloved community.
After graduating from Arcata High in 2010, I moved to Portland, Oregon to attend Lewis & Clark College. I graduated in 2014 with a BA in History and returned to Arcata to attend HSU. In 2015, I received my single subject credential to teach high school history and have been teaching in Humboldt County since.
For 3 years I have been involved with Rotary and the Lost Coast Rotaract service club and served on the board as President and Public Relations chair. In these positions I have organized local fundraisers and community service projects, working on countless projects to address homelessness and food insecurity within our community. These events have given me a deeper sense of the needs of the people of Arcata.
The City Council needs a new perspective. Issues such as affordable housing, homelessness, connecting with the HSU community, beautification, and preservation of trails are important to me. Addressing the needs of the population experiencing homelessness is directly related to improving public spaces. I want to assess funding of various department budgets and make sure we provide resources for housing, addiction, and other issues affecting marginalized communities.”
Arcata City Council Service
- Elected: 2020
- Sworn In to Office: December 2020
City & Regional Committee Membership
- City Council Representative to the Redwood Coast Energy Authority (2020-2021)
- City Council Liaison to the Arcata/Camoapa Sister City Committee (2020-2021)
- City Council Liaison to the Arcata House Partnership (2020-2021)
- City Council Alternate Representative to the Humboldt Waste Management Authority (2020-2021)
- City Council Alternate Liaison to Arcata Main Street (2020-2021)
Other Community Service
- Lost Coast Rotaract Public Relations Chair (2019-2021)
Past Community Service
- Lost Coast Rotaract President (2018-2019)
- Lost Coast Rotaract Vice President (2017-2018)