All pending bids and requests for proposals are noticed in the local paper and on this site. If you are interested on bidding on any current bid for goods or services, please contact the Purchasing Office at 707-825-2101 for details.
Bidders or proposal submitters who contact the City of Arcata Purchasing Office regarding the current requests for proposals will receive the addenda and updates from the City of Arcata.
Current Projects Out to Bid / Requests for Proposals
The project descriptions and contract documents below are provided for informational purposes only. Any contractor submitting a bid for any project listed below MUST contact the City of Arcata Contracts and Procurement Specialist at 707-825-2101, or send us an email to obtain a current, authorized bid packet.
While every effort will be made to keep the information on this page current, the City of Arcata cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions in bid proposals resulting from information obtained from this page.
Article 3-Informal Bidding for Public Projects
(Ordinance 1327, effective December 7, 2001)
Section 2420 Purposes
Pursuant to Resolution No. 012-09 (effective August 2, 2001), the City Council duly elected to become subject to uniform construction cost accounting procedures as set forth in the California Public Contracts Code, Section 22000 et seq., the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act. By making such election, the City may follow an informal bid process to award contracts by public projects, as defined in the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act, for contracts up to the monetary limits as set forth in the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act. The purpose of this ordinance is to implement the authorized informal bidding protocol.
Section 2425 Qualified Contractors
- A. List of Contractors - The Purchasing Agent shall maintain a list of qualified contractors, identified according to categories of work. Minimum criteria for development and maintenance of the contractor’s list shall be determined in accordance with criteria established by the California Uniform Construction Cost Accounting Commission.
- B. Notice - All contractors on the list for the category of work being bid and construction trade journals as specified for Humboldt County by the California Uniform Cost Accounting Commission shall be mailed a notice inviting informal bids unless the product or service is proprietary.
- C. Time for Notice - All mailing of notices to contractors and construction trade journals shall be completed not less than 10 calendar days before bids are due.
- D. Description of Notice - The notice inviting informal bids shall describe the project in general terms, how to obtain more detailed information about the project, and state the time and place for the submission of bids.
- E. Award of Contract - The City Council hereby delegates the authority to award informal contracts to the Purchasing Agent for public project contracts in the amount of $25,000 or less. Informal contracts for public project contracts in an amount greater than $25,000 shall be awarded by the City Council.