Oversized Load Permits

Whenever an oversized load is expected to travel through the City, the City of Arcata requires a copy of the trucking firm’s Caltrans Permit, a copy of their certificate of insurance reflecting their automobile coverage (minimum $1,000,000 but ideally would prefer the limit to be $5,000,000), the route of travel through town, and the day(s) of travel.

The City requires the aforementioned information for all oversized loads. The City does not charge for oversized load permits, and therefore does not issue a permit. Please e-mail information to the Engineering Department at: engineering@cityofarcata.org. For questions, please call (707)825-2128.