Administration of the Department consists of the Chief, 2 Lieutenants and an Administrative Analyst. Administration is responsible for upper level managerial oversight of all major operational units of the agency including:
Property & Evidence
- Coordination and direction of the Police Department
- Recruitment and employment, organizational staffing, administration and personnel management
- Budgeting and fiscal management, grant writing
- Strategic planning
- Research and development
- Internal investigations, training and professional standards
- Permit approval and special event coordination
The Police Service Officer and Evidence Technician assigned to this unit handle all property that comes into the police department whether it is found, evidence in a crime, or held for safe keeping. They are also responsible for getting the items ready for auction through the online service of Propertyroom.com. They take our unclaimed property and sell it on-line. They also offer a service called, Stealitback.com. If you are a victim of a crime and you locate your property on their website, you can “steal it back” by letting them know that it is yours. You won’t have to buy it and they will return it to you at no charge.
This unit consists of 1 full time Parking Officer and 3 part time Community Service Officers. Their sole function is to enforce parking and vehicle abatement laws within the City.