City of Arcata Volunteers
Please scroll down to find a list of current volunteer opportunities.
City of Arcata volunteers give back to the community by donating their time to support a variety of City programs. Volunteer opportunities are available for individuals or groups from organizations such as Cal Poly Humboldt, local schools, nonprofits, community organizations, local business and more. High school and college students looking to fulfill a community service requirement are also welcome to volunteer for the City of Arcata.
Volunteers may perform a variety of duties for the City of Arcata, including:
- Contributing to the beautification of a Arcata's neighborhoods, parks or public recreation areas.
- Becoming a member of a City Committee, Board or Commission.
- Helping to restore the environment by improving wildlife habitats and planting native plant species.
- Helping educate the public by leading interpretive and educational tours at the Arcata Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Improving the life of a child through Arcata Recreation programs and activities including Arcata Play Center.
- Growing, harvesting and providing organic vegetables, fruit and flowers to the community at Bayside Park Farm.
- Serving the community as a member of Arcata Police Department's Volunteer Patrol.
There are no age requirements to volunteer for one of the City's Volunteer Work Days. To sign up to receive text or email notifications on upcoming Volunteer Work Days, click here and scroll down to the "calendar" section.
Other prospective volunteers, not affiliated with a school or community group, must be 18 years old, fill out a volunteer application packet and be fingerprinted, at no expense to the applicant, before becoming a City of Arcata volunteer.
Volunteer members of City Committees, Boards and Commissions may be subject to other requirements, and more information can be found here.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
If you have any questions about open volunteer positions, please reach out to the contact provided in the volunteer information and application packet.
Additional Contact Information
- For more information on volunteer opportunities in our Recreation Division, please click here or call 707-822-7091.
- If you have interest in volunteering at the Bayside Park Farm, please click here or call 707-822-8184.
- If you are interested in volunteering or collaborating with our Environmental Services Department on neighborhood, park, marsh, forest or public space beautification and restoration work, please click here.
- If you have interest in volunteering at the Arcata Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary, please click here or call the Interpretive Center at 707-826-2359.
- To volunteer with the Arcata Police Department, please call 707-822-8481.
- For more information on all other City of Arcata volunteer opportunities, please call 707-822-5953.