Recycling & Garbage
Eureka Recycling Center at Humboldt Waste Management Authority (HWMA) is temporarily closing on August 1, 2022. It will re-open at a new location early 2023 pending property acquisition and permitting. Household recycling, carpets, tires and hazardous waste materials are still being accepted during the closure. Click here for more information and alternative locations for items not being accepted. For questions about this closure, contact HWMA.
Single-Family Residence Services
Residential customers receive the following services:
- Optional curbside yard waste collection.
- Twice per year no extra charge bulky item pickup. Call Recology Arcata to schedule.
- Curbside weekly recycling collection. Check out the Curbside Recycling Guidelines (PDF).
- Curbside garbage collection. There are many bin sizes and service levels to choose from.
- Access to the green waste drop-off site.
- Still unsure of where where you should dispose of something? Check out this interactive Recology resource called "What Bin?"
Multifamily & Business Services
State law (SB 1018) mandates that all businesses that generate 4 or more cubic yards of waste weekly, and all multifamily housing with 5 or more units recycle. Note that the property owner may allow a tenant to be the customer, but the property owner will remain ultimately responsible for service charges.