City Launches Interactive Online Map Service
City of Arcata Launches Online Interactive Map Service
(Arcata, CA) -- The City of Arcata now offers an interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) application on its website.
With GIS's computerized mapping and analysis of data, users can:
- View administrative boundaries, cities, water features, physiographic features, parks, landmarks, highways, roads, railways and buildings;
- Get information like zoning, hazards, site addresses and other regulatory information for parcels within the City;
- Browse the City's aerial and historical survey library containing imagery from 1931 to 2009;
- Search by address or assessor's parcel number;
- Measure lengths and calculate areas on the fly; and
- Create and print maps.
To top it all off, this self-service mapping tool is easy to use.
To access the website, go to www.cityofarcata.org. Choose "Environmental Services" under "Departments" and go to "Maps/GIS."
For more information about the interactive web mapping, contact Brian Kang at (707) 822-8184 or email email@example.com.