Historic & Design Review Commission
The Historic and Design Review Commission's primary function is to conduct preliminary review of buildings and site designs for proposed projects, and to assist applicants in developing designs compatible with adopted criteria and standards; with powers and duties as specified in the Arcata Land Use Code and as outlined in Arcata Municipal Code Sections 2212 to 2218.
Meetings & Agendas
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month, or at the call of the Chair, at 4 p.m. in the Council Chamber. Meetings are held in an open-public session as set for in the Ralph M. Brown Act. For conduct of meetings, the Historic and Design Review Commission follows Rosenberg's Rules of Order for parliamentary procedures. See the meeting agendas.
The Commission consists of five members who shall be selected for their interest, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: A) Historic preservation; B) Architecture, landscape architecture, landscape design or building design; C) Building construction or landscaping; and D) Solar siting, green building or energy efficiency in building design.
Historic & Design Review Commissioners serve four-year staggered terms ending October 31.
Conflict of Interest Provisions of the City of Arcata Conflict of Interest Code, Title II, Chapter 8, apply to all commission members. Commissioners must file California Fair Political Practices Commission Form 700's with the City Clerk's Office.
Annual Reports to the Council
- 2014 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2013 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2012 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2011 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2010 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2009 Historic and Design Review Annual Report
- 2008 Design Review Annual Report
- 2007 Design Review Annual Report
- 2007 Design Review Report Data
- 2006 Design Review Annual Report
- 2006 Design Review Report Data
- 2009 Design Awards
- 2006 Design Awards