The Arcata Foundation is dedicated to the enhancement of community life in the Arcata area. The Foundation facilitates charitable giving within the community and supports work in the areas of human services, education of all ages, art, culture, local history, healthful recreation, peace, and enhancement of our local natural environment. Thus, projects or programs proposed to the Foundation must demonstrate direct benefit to the citizens of Arcata, and should do one or more of the following:
- Support the educational needs of local citizens (of all ages)
- Support those in need of human services, such as health care, child care, housing, etc.
- Support art and cultural activities and education within the community
- Provide recreational activities and programs to the community (all ages)
- Support and protect the environment of the community
- Support peace-related activities and education
- Support activities and education related to the history of the City of Arcata
Grant Applications are available online [PDF Application] or can be picked up at the Finance Department window at City Hall. Grants are awarded twice a year, application deadlines are May 15 and December 15.
Meeting Dates and Times
Meetings are held at the call of the chairperson at a place designated within the City Limits or at Arcata City Hall. All meetings of the foundation are open and public and noticed at least seven days prior to each meeting.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of no less than four and no more than eight voting members approved by the City Council. The Finance Director is the staff liaison to the Board of Directors.
Board Members serve four-year staggered terms.