The City of Arcata is committed to attracting, retaining and developing talented, productive and motivated employees who are dedicated to delivering high-quality services to the community.
The Personnel Division is responsible for managing a centralized personnel system including:
- Maintaining official employee personnel files and records
- Creating, implementing and maintaining the City’s classification and compensation programs
- Conducting all aspects of recruitment and pre-employment testing
- Administration of employee benefits
- Identifying and providing citywide training
- Providing guidance and assistance in labor relations, negotiations, performance evaluation, grievances and discipline
- Providing guidance to employees and management in the interpretation and application of labor law and City Personnel rules, regulations and MOU's.