Parks and Recreation
ARTIST SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Arcata Recreation believes in the power of play. Anything that gets us moving, exploring, creating & learning can greatly enhance our overall quality of life. Looking to pick up a new skill? Meet new people? Just want to have fun? We offer a wide array of programs, facilities, classes and community events for families and individuals of all ages and interests.
The possibilities are endless, so join us, it's time to play.
The Arcata Parks and Recreation Divisions provide essential community benefits including:
- Healthier residents
- Sense of well-being in the community
- Safer neighborhoods
- A higher quality of life
- Increased property values
- Opportunities for youth, adults, and seniors to participate in programs and events
- Partnerships with other agencies, public and private
- Cultural expression and unity