- 2012 Consumer Confidence / Water Quality Report
- 2012 Jacoby Creek Water District Consumer Confidence / Water Quality Report
- 2011 Consumer Confidence / Water Quality Report
- 2011 Jacoby Creek Water District Consumer Confidence / Water Quality Report
- The Water Cycle
- Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District
- Drink Local Water Fact Sheet
- Urban Water Management Plan 2010
- A tool to calculate your water and energy use and learn strategies to conserve both water and energy in your home
- How To Read Your Water Meter
This Division is responsible for monitoring, reporting, testing and treatment of all drinking water for the City of Arcata and the Jacoby Creek Water District.
It manages and maintains 12 water booster pump stations and 16 water storage tanks, located throughout 5 interconnected elevation zones.
It is responsible for approximately 5,000 water meters, from 3/4" to 10" service size. The Water Division is also responsible for annually testing 500 Backflow Prevention Devices, and fire service leak detector check devices.
The State of California Department of Health Services and the United States Environmental Protection Agency require the following programs: Water quality testing including, but not limited to: pH, coliform, chlorine, fluoride, iron, lead and copper, temperature, trihaolmethanes, and turbidity. Testing occurs on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis.