Zoning Administrator - Hearing

Every planning permit request starts with a Planning Permit Application, which is supplemented by additional information needed to process the request.  NOTE:  Download all fillable forms first, then complete them.


Permits under the authority of the Zoning Administrator which require a public hearing are listed below, with the most common listed first. There are links to information and checklists to help you submit a complete application.  We encourage you to speak with a planner if you have any questions.

The deposit for Zoning Administrator Actions with a Public Hearing is $1,760.

Zoning Administrator with a Public Hearing Permits:

Coastal Development Permit
Hillside Development Permit
Minor Use Permit or Amendment
Planned Development Permit or Amendment
Alteration / Demolition – Discretionary
Emergency Permit

Additional Links and Information:

Design Review Information
Site Plan may be required for some applications.
See the Hazards Map for a map of property subject to a Hillside Development Permit.
See the Tentative Map Checklist for Minor Subdivisions.
The City Vegetation Management Protocol provides information about nesting birds for tree removals.

NOTE:  Download all fillable forms first, then complete them.