- Meetings take place the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month
- Meetings begin at 6 p.m.
- Meetings take place at Council Chamber located at 736 F Street Arcata, CA 95521
Meetings must be held in an open-public session as set forth in the Ralph M Brown Act (PDF). For the conduct of commission meetings, the Planning Commission follows Rosenberg's Rules of Order (PDF) for parliamentary procedures.
Agendas & Minutes
Current and historical Agendas are available prior to the meetings are available at the link below. Minutes are available following approval. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Agendas and Minutes From 2011 - 2013
The Planning Commission's primary function is set by a statute in the California State Government Code Title 7 Sections 65000 - 67980: Planning and Land Use. In addition, Planning Commissioners:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Council on all matters pertaining to planning and the physical development of the City and surrounding areas
- Provide recommendations regarding preparation, adoption, amendments, administration and implementation of the General Plan and the Arcata Municipal Code Title 9 - the Land Use Code
- Make decisions with respect to Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports and other environmental documents.
Conflict of Interest
Conflict of Interest Provisions of the City of Arcata Conflict of Interest Code, AMC Title II, Chapter 8, apply to all commission members. Commissioners must file California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Form 700 with the City Clerk's Office.
Annual Reports to the Council
View the Planning Commission Annual Reports in the archive center.