The City Clerk is responsible for administering special and general municipal elections in accordance with the California Elections Code.

General Municipal Elections
General municipal elections are held on the same day as statewide general elections, on the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday in November of each even-numbered year.

Fair Political Practices Commission Forms
Under the Political Reform Act administered by the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC), City Clerks are the local Filing Officers for their cities.  The Filing Officer is the person who receives and retains original Statements of Economic Interests (FPPC Form 700), and pre-election campaign statements for candidates and ballot measures.

Information on how and when to file FPPC forms, and the forms themselves, can be found on the Fair Political Practices Commission’s website. If you need information regarding completion of FPPC forms, please call the FPPC's toll-free advice line at 866-ASK-FPPC (866-275-3772).
  1. 2017 City Council Vacancy

    Instructions on how to apply for the Arcata City Council seat vacated by Mark Wheetley. This vacancy is for a partial term ending in December 2018. Application packets are available at the Arcata City Manager's office at City Hall, 736 F Street, Arcata, during normal business hours. Packets are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2017.

  2. 2016 General Election

    Review candidate information for the General Election.

  3. Voter Registration

    Learn how to register to vote in Arcata.